We are seeking a student to lead a project investigating microbial dispersal and community assembly using a combination of ecological theory and molecular data.
Some potential topics to develop are:
- Large-scale dispersal and dust-associated microorganisms
- Exploring the influence of species pools, history and dispersal in microbial community assembly
- Modeling of microbial dispersal as a function of phenotypic and genomic traits
- Microbial trait adaptations to new habitat colonization
- Influence of monsoon season on arid soil microbial communities
- Invasive plants and soil microbial feedbacks
To apply, please send an email (subject: Graduate Student Microbial Macroecology) to Albert Barberán (email@example.com) with a cover letter describing previous research experience and interests (scientific and non-science related), a CV, and (if possible) contact information for two references.
More information: https://barberanalbert.wixsite.com/labpage