- Writing a doctoral thesis within the framework of competitive research on the topic "Detection and prediction of fecal pollution to guide health-related safety management of water resources”
- Application and further development of new pioneering technologies for the quantification, source tracking, and prediction of microbial fecal pollution.
- Cooperation with other scientific partners in the field of microbiological and chemical water quality analysis
- In addition to laboratory work, sampling campaigns in the field have to be carried out.
- Diploma or master's degree in biotechnology, microbiology, molecular biology, microbial ecology or similar subjects
- Interest in scientific working and writing a dissertation
- Knowledge in molecular biological and microbiological analysis (PCR expertise is an advantage)
- Interest in applying molecular/microbiological data in health-risk simulation tools
- Self-responsible and reliable working approach
- Friendly, open appearance and team spirit
- Willingness to be mobile for sampling and work in laboratories of project partners (preferably in Vienna)
Website of the Interuniversity Cooperation Center ICC Water & Health: http://www.waterandhealth.at/
- driving licence category B