The Antony-Babu lab is hiring a full-time technician to help build the new Plant and Soil Microbiome Research lab in the Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology. The department has a new home since October 2019 at a brand-new facility for microbiology, molecular biology and plant growth. The research at Antony-Babu lab is focused on how microorganisms interact with each other as a network, and affect plants that they are associated with. The research covers:
-Microbiome of maize and cotton crops
-Texas truffles associated with pecan trees
-Plant and soil associated actinomycetes
The ideal candidate will be passionate about science and have strong interests in microbiology, molecular biology and/or microbial ecology. This candidate must have a good communication, organization and interpersonal skills and we will give preference to those with previous research lab experience.
• Maintains lab records and ensure up-to-date lab safety documentation.
• Performs basic standard microbiology and molecular biology methods: DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, soil analyses, microbiology etc.,
• Assembles and operates laboratory equipment.
• Carries out data analyses and prepares reports.
• Grows plants in growth chambers or greenhouse.
• Might require driving to sampling sites.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, microbiology, microbial ecology, plant science, or a related field.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Fast learner and perform research tasks with little or no guidance.
• Attention to detail.
• Previous experience in working with others (internal and external collaboration).
• Basic computational skills in MS Office (word, excel, powerpoint).
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Previous experience in laboratory research.
Grant funded position; continued employment contingent upon availability of funds.
Queries and application
•Queries can be directed to Dr Sanjay Antony-Babu, email@example.com , 979-845-6964.
•To apply, please post your CV, list of referees and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position through WorkDay : https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AgriLife_Research_External/job/College-Station-AL-RSCH/Research-Assistant_R-026329